The robotics research group at Rutgers University organizes weekly seminars, where students and postdocs present and discuss selected recent papers on robot perception, planning, reasoning, and learning.
Location: CBIM 22.
Time: Every Friday from 3:00pm-4:30pm.
September 19, 2016
September 28, 2016
October 5, 2016
October 12, 2016
October 19, 2016
October 26, 2016
November 2, 2016
- Paper 1: Jeffrey Mahler, Florian T. Pokorny, Brian Hou, Melrose Roderick, Michael Laskey, Mathieu Aubry, Kai Kohlhoff, Torsten Kroeger, James Kuffner, Ken Goldberg. A Cloud-Based Network of 3D Objects for Robust Grasp Planning Using a Multi-Armed Bandit Model with Correlated Rewards.
- Link 1: http://goldberg.berkeley.edu/pubs/icra16-submitted-Dex-Net.pdf
- Paper 2: Jeffrey Ichnowski, Jan Prins and Ron Alterovitz. Cloud-based Motion Plan Computation for Power-Constrained Robots.
- Link 2:
- Presenter: Rahul Shome
November 9, 2016
November 16, 2016
November 23, 2016
- Paper 1: Ashwin Deshpande, Tomas Lozano-Perez and Leslie Kaelbling. Decidability of Task and Motion Planning.
- Paper 2: William Vega-Brown and Nicholas Roy. Asymptotically optimal task and motion planning.
- Presenter: Andrew Dobson
November 30, 2016
Paper: S. M. Ali Eslami, Nicolas Heess, Theophane Weber, Yuval Tassa, David Szepesvari, Koray Kavukcuoglu, Geoffrey E. Hinton. Attend, Infer, Repeat: Fast Scene Understanding with Generative Models.
Presenter: Yikun Xian
December 14, 2016
- Paper 1: Brian Paden and Emilio Frazzoli. A Generalized Label Correcting Method for Optimal Kinodynamic Motion Planning
- Paper 2: Valerio Varricchio, Brian Alexander Paden, Dmitry Yershov and Emilio Frazzoli. Efficient nearest neighbor search for dynamical systems with nonholonomic constraints.
- Presenter: Zakary Littlefield
January 27, 2016
- Paper: Clemens Eppner, Sebastian Höfer, Rico Jonschkowski, Roberto Martín-Martín, Arne Sieverling, Vincent Wall, Oliver Brock. Lessons from the Amazon Picking Challenge: Four Aspects of Building Robotic Systems.
- Link: PDF: http://www.roboticsproceedings.org/rss12/p36.pdf
- Presenter: Zacharias Psarakis
February 3, 2017
February 10, 2017
March 24, 2017
- Paper: Praveenram Balachandar. A Neuro-inspired oculomotor controller for a robotic head prototype. MS Thesis, Rutgers University, 2017.
- Presenter: Praveenram Balachandar
March 31, 2017
April 7, 2017
- Paper: Chelsea Finn, Sergey Levine, Pieter Abbeel. Guided Cost Learning: Deep Inverse Optimal Control via Policy Optimization. In ICML 2016.
- Link: http://arxiv.org/pdf/1603.00448
- Presenter: Aravind Sivaramakrishnan
April 21, 2017
- Paper: Guangzhi Tang. Gridbot: Towards a neuro-inspired navigation system. MS Thesis, Rutgers University, 2017.
- Presenter: Guangzhi Tang
April 28, 2017
- Paper: Oren Salzman and Brian Hou and Siddhartha Srinivasa. Efficient motion planning for problems lacking optimal substructure. In ICAPS 2017.
- Link: https://arxiv.org/pdf/1703.02582.pdf
- Presenter: Nick Stiffler